Sunday, June 13, 2010

day 16

1. There was a chicken in the house today. Not a typical American looking chicken. This chicken looked like it had gotten dragged by a truck, put through a washing machine and then run over by a lawn mower.

2. My debit card was hacked today after I bought some skype credit. Wachovia immediately put a hold on my card and then informed me there was no other option but to cancel that card and order a new one (which will be sent to my home address...not Uganda..).
So now I have no access to a debit card and only the cash that I brought with me.

3. Rice, matooke and beans for lunch…again.

4. Apparently you have to cook the milk here before you can drink it

5. Today is "National Budget Day", and we have been watching the reading of the budget for the last 3 hours. Apparently money is being spent to construct the exact same things that they paid to be constructed last year. Corruption…or inefficiency? Hard to say.

1 comment:

  1. Cook that milk Lauren. We had to cancel and reorder cards in China, big family, overseas, no mulah..no fun!

    ReplyDelete